Friday, July 10, 2009

News from Philly!

Hello Everyone, I am currently at the Association of American Colleges and Universities' "Engaging Departments Institute" in Philadelphia. I am in attendance with Dean Paul Duff, as well as with professors, Doug Boyce, Elizabeth Chacko and Heather Schell. It has been wonderful to meet with my colleagues and to expand the breadth of my understanding of academic leadership and educational assessments. I look forward to sharing this information with our TRDA faculty and students soon!

Sincerely, Dana

2 comments:

  1. Have you had the time to visit any Philly landmarks? Historic Philadelphia includes Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, and National Constitution Center, with great restaurants in nearby Old City. For lighter fare, I recommend going to South Street for cheesesteaks at Jim's or pizza at Lorenzo's. On a slightly more theatre related note, I saw a great production of Les Mis at the Walnut Street Theatre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for suggestions! I have been in workshops all day exploring curriculim, educational assessments, and leadership. They have been inspiring; energize the thought process. This evening, my colleagues and I walked to Walnut Street and had a wonderful Mexican dinner. We became deeply engrossed in conversations about journalism, creative writing, choreography, and electronic compositions. I will run down and see the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall before I leave on Sunday. Much appreciated! :) Dana

    ReplyDelete